What to Bring in Your Suitcase
The following is a list of items students may want to bring. The average high temperature in Boulder in July is 90° F (32°C), and the average low temperature at night is 65° F (18° C).
- Casual Outfit (khakis, skirts, shirts)
- Jacket/fleece (it can get cool in the evenings and in the mountains)
- Raincoat or waterproof jacket (afternoon rains are possible)
- Walking/hiking shoes
- Shower shoes/flip-flops/sandals
- Swimming Gear
- Bag or Backpack to take on events
- Water Bottle
Health and Toiletry Items
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, etc.
- Electronic Convertors, Adaptors (US outlets are 120V)
- Chargers and Electronic Devices
- Hair Dryers
Students do NOT need to bring the following items. These will be provided in the residence halls.
- Sheets and Blankets
Note: Students will do their own laundry at on-campus facilities. Detergent can be purchased after students arrive on campus.
What to Bring in Your Carry-on Bag
We suggest using a backpack as a carry-on bag. This can double as a backpack for school and field trips. Some items that students should keep in their carry-on bag include:
- Passport and visa
- DS-2019 (J-1 visa students only)
- Acceptance letter from the University of Colorado Boulder International English Center
- CU Boulder International English Center contact information:
- Medications (if any)
- Debit or credit card (optional)
- Mobile phone: These are not necessary, but many students do bring them.
- A few basic toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, brush, etc.) and a change of clothing in case luggage is lost or delayed
- Laptop/Tablet*: Optional. Students may bring one, but it is their responsibility to protect it.
*Please check airline regulations regarding traveling with electronic equipment and computers.