What to Bring in Your Suitcase
The following is a list of items students may want to bring. The average high temperature in Boulder in January is 47° F (8°C), and the average low temperature at night is 22° F (-5° C). Snow is likely.
- Casual Outfit (khakis, skirts, skirts)
- Sweatshirt/Fleece (It’s a good idea to have layers.)
- Warm Jacket
- Walking/hiking shoes
- Warm shoes or boots
- Swimming Gear
- Bag or Backpack to take on events
- Water Bottle
Health and Toiletry Items
- Sunscreen (even in the winter)
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, etc.
- Electronic Convertors, Adaptors (US outlets are 120V)
- Chargers and Electronic Devices
- Hair Dryers
Students do NOT need to bring the following items. These will be provided in the homes.
What to Bring in Your Carry-on Bag
We suggest using a backpack as a carry-on bag. This can double as a backpack for school and field trips. Some items that students should keep in their carry-on bag include:
- Passport and visa
- DS-2019 (J-1 visa students only)
- Acceptance letter from the University of Colorado Boulder International English Center
- CU Boulder International English Center contact information:
- Medications (if any)
- Debit or credit card (optional)
- Mobile phone: These are not necessary, but many students do bring them.
- A few basic toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, brush, etc.) and a change of clothing in case your luggage is lost or delayed
- Laptop/Tablet*: Optional. Students may bring one, but it is their responsibility to protect it.
*Please check airline regulations regarding traveling with electronic equipment and computers.